Sylvie Shirazi is the recipe developer, food photographer, and real food lover behind GourmandeInTheKitchen.com. This recipe combines fresh zucchini with the fun of the grill and adds a delicious kick of Vitality™ essential oils for good measure. After giving this recipe a try, you’ll look forward to grilling nights all summer long!
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 2-inch strip of orange peel, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 drops Rosemary Vitality™ essential oil
- 4 drops Orange Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon raw honey
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and again into quarters
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- Make the rosemary orange salt: Combine the salt, rosemary leaves, and orange peel and grind with a mortar and pestle. Work the zest and rosemary into the salt until well combined and add the Rosemary Vitality™ and Orange Vitality™ essential oils. Set aside.
- Make the dressing: Combine the orange juice, olive oil, honey, and pepper in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Make the zucchini: Preheat grill to a medium heat. Toss cut zucchini with olive oil. Place zucchini on grill and cook until charred on both sides and tender, (about 2 to 3 minutes each side). Transfer zucchini to platter and toss with reserved dressing. Sprinkle with chopped olives and a few generous pinches of the rosemary orange salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.