Terms and Conditions for Author Submission
Vital 180 (“we,” “our,” “us,” “Site,” “Service”) offers users (“you,” “your”) the ability to upload original video, audio, articles, or handouts (“content,” “User-Generated Content,” “UGC”) to be published for educational purposes.
In order to make this possible, we need the right to use your content in accordance with and subject to this agreement.
IMPORTANT – THIS IS A CONTRACT. By clicking or checking the box next to “I agree,” you accept the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to and affirm these terms and conditions in full, you must not upload any content of any kind.
Use Agreement & Terms
You acknowledge and affirm that:
- You are not a minor
- You have full power to agree to these terms and conditions;
- You have full permission by all involved parties to use and distribute your content for use by Vital 180;
- Any content you submit is your original work;
- Your content is accurate;
- You own the copyright and any other relevant rights to your content;
- Your content does not contain third-party trademarks or copyrights;
- Your content does not contain links to malicious websites, software, or content of any kind, that will harm, disrupt, or damage our or another user’s browser or computer;
- Your content does not intend to collect or harvest any personal data or information about the Site or Service or any of its users;
- Your content does not infringe upon the rights of any other person or entity;
- Your content is not obscene, offensive, threatening, defamatory, discriminatory, a breach of privacy, rules, or otherwise illegal;
- You grant us permanent, royalty-free, non-cancellable, worldwide license to publish, store, copy, distribute, and re-use your content.
- You are solely responsible for your content and any activity you make while using our Site or Service.
Publication and Distribution of User-Generated Content
Publication of UGC, including, but not limited to, video, audio, articles, or handouts will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to use your video, audio, article, or handout in any format, including, but not limited to, print and electronic format. You give us the right to reproduce, modify, publish, list information about, reference, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all content you submit, including your name, voice, and likeness.
We respect intellectual property rights. We expect you to do the same. You acknowledge and agree that we retain all ownership rights of any kind related to our Service, including copyright, trademark, and proprietary rights. Other company names may be trademarks of their respective owners. Therefore, we reserve all rights that have not been explicitly granted to you.
In submitting your content, you affirm that any and all content submitted by you is your own, containing no copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property of any third-party person or entity of any kind. You affirm that you have the proper permissions and rights to submit your content.
Liability & Indemnity
If any breach of these terms occurs, you agree to indemnify us and any agencies, suppliers, licensees, successors, officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, and any other Vital 180 affiliated party in full against any loss, damage, third-party liabilities, or costs.
You will defend us against any claim, demand, suit, or proceeding brought against us by a third-party alleging that your data or use of our service or content is in violation of law, infringes on a third party or is otherwise in breach of our agreement. Additionally, you will indemnify us from any damages, fees, fines, or costs awarded against us.
In addition, you agree that we are not liable to you for any direct, indirect, accidental, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages or loss, including loss of data.
If we discover that you are using our Service in violation of any of the terms above, we reserve the right to take action in any way that we deem appropriate, including but not limited to suspending your account and taking legal action.
Amendment of Conditions
We reserve the right to modify these conditions, post new conditions at any time, and notify you of any changes.